Osborn Park Improvements

 

workers
on the slide

First photo shows workers tidying up after the installation of playground equipment
Second photo shows Jean Borgeson, member of Friends of Rippey, test riding the slide just after it was installed (Click on the pictures to see the full size images).

 

Osborn Park was established in 1926 and the property was given to the city by B.F. Osborn, an early Rippey business man and community leader. Over the years the original play equipment had deteriorated and had been removed.
This improvement was made possible with a $3000.00 grant from the Greene County Community Foundation which was presented to Friends of Rippey in April. Friends of Rippey provided extra monies, labor, and also used as matching funds was a grant for $500.00 from IMT Insurance. Rippey city council member, Connie Ades had received this grant earlier and ask that it be used as matching funds for the Greene County Foundation Grant. Letters of support were provided by Rippey mayor, Randy Vodenik, the Rippey Lions Club and The Rippey Public Library.
Prior to the work day preliminary work was completed by Kevin Hick, Tod Contner and Greene County Redi-Mix. Those that provided labor or lunch on the work day included: Kevin and Mary Hick, Dennis and Sharon Ulrich, Mary and Gary Weaver, John Ades, Tod Contner, Ben Vannatta, Dick Schlicht, Jean Borgeson, Deb Parkison and Velda DeMoss.
A slide, teeter-totter, and merry-go-round is now in place to be enjoyed by the children in Rippey.